But not right now.
So I’m still enjoying my new Crockpot. Some recipes are a hit or miss. I made a lemon chicken. What I love about doing meat in the slow cooker is all the juices that come out of the meat. I turn it into gravy. This time I was trying to turn it into a sauce to put on top whole wheat Penne pasta.
The recipe below has a great flavor. The wine and chicken broth really temper the lemon juice in a good way. Then the bouillon and chicken help to enhance it. I added broccoli to my end result (which was frozen or I would have just thrown it in the slow cooker half way through to soften it a bit). It’s not quite a piccata sauce, it’s less lemony than that. But it’s got a rich flavor, but lightness from all of the broths. I just wish it was less watery and more sauce like. Perhaps a little bit of cornstarch or flour will help me out with that next time I make it. And seriously I can’t get over turning on the slow cooker before I go to bed and waking up to some good eats in the morning. I think my next challenge will to make bread in the slow cooker. I hear that’s a thing.
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pack chicken bouillon
- 2 lb chicken
- 1 10 oz can of chicken broth
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2-4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Season chicken with parsley, oregano, and pepper.
- Brown chicken if you like, but I just place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix the bouillon, white wine, chicken broth, and garlic well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6. I don’t know if it’s different but I did on low for 6
- Serve with potatoes, rice, or on top Penne (or whatever noodle you see fit).