I don’t know if this happens to you guys, but when I’m traveling, the flight is the worst. First off, I usually don’t get to exercise when I’m flying for extensive amounts of time. I’ll be sitting for almost 7 hours today, with the occasional get up. Then I get bored so then I eat. And because of all the weird restrictions on what you can bring in and out of airports now days, chances are I’m not eating good food. I’m probably eating Burger King or something. I swear I’ve eaten the worst travelable meals ever. I usually bring zip packs when I’m coming to Boston from home, which consists of fried chicken, teriyaki beef, spam, fish, and rice. But it’ll flip over most likely and mess up. I mean the food is still in tact but it’s the presentation of it.
So some snacks that I have are smart popped popcorn (white cheddar), banana, Trader Joe’s 70% dark chocolate 100 calorie bars.
Some other favorites are:
- Trail mix, which you can mix yourself, just choose your favorite nuts (I don’t like nuts so I’m going to have to figure out how to like them at some point), pretzels, dried fruits and cereal (like chex or cheerios).
- Beef Jerky, heading to vegas right now so I’ll be stocking up.
- Crackers. Dammit, I knew I forgot something.
- Raw Vegetables and Fruit, depending on your destination these can be prohibited.
- Granola Bars
- Wraps, I find these hard to bring on the plane but that’s maybe because I’m still not good at wrapping them.
I’m listening to a child complain about airport food while I wait at the terminal. And I do feel for this kid. The complaining is annoying, but it’s hard to understand that the food here isn’t decent and they gouge you on the prices. So I’m thinking that A) Traveling with kids=harder than I even want to imagine right now B) Some of these homemade snack favorites might come in handy C) That collapsible tupperware I have would probably do wonders for traveling with food.