So a lot of people I know were upset when Tom Pizzica lost The Next Food Network Star to Aarti (party!). But fear not good people, I liked him too and so did many others. So Tom is still getting his own show. He may not be cooking in it but he’s still getting his own show. Outrageous premiered on Saturday night. It’s really a shame that we don’t get Food Network here. I feel so out of the loop. CNN’s Eatocracy asks Tom what his 5 most outrageous foods that he’s ever experienced is.
- The brined and fried pig face
- My First Cadbury Easter Egg
- Cooking Wild Geese for Hunters in Maryland
- Cooking out of a 160 year old wagon
- Crisping duck confit in hot oil for 500 people
This got me thinking, what are my most outrageous food experiences, granted I might not have as many as Tom not being a chef and older
- Eating Beef tongue-I was tricked and it was chewy. If you looked close and I did, you could see the taste buds.
- Seeing a pig die and then not eating pork for the next ten years.
- Trying spinach and artichoke dip-I still don’t like artichokes but I can manage them when they’re drenched in the ooey goodness of the spinach artichoke dip (usually from CPK). The garlic and spinach temper it nicely. I used to not eat it and then one day I just decided to eat some and it was amazing. Who knew?