So I had no idea what would go with Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken (man that is a mouthful). Anyway I made it.
I found the recipe on allrecipes.com
2 tablespoons4 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic3 cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (too much)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
I should have used the basil leaves, but it tastes just fine. Parmesan and Garlic are both very strong flavors so I didn’t want them overpowering anything or being overpowered themselves. But I could have played with the basil. Also I guess I might have had too much bread crumbs because when I was making the chicken I actually only had 3 large chicken breasts instead of 6 which I ended up cutting them in half and then having 6. So they were probably thinner than the recipe called for. It still tasted fine.
I didn’t know what to put it with, baked chicken with parmesan cheese and rice didn’t seem very appealing. I remembered that I have some spinach and ricotta tortellini. I threw some garlic in there as well and some cracked peppers because I never know what type of sauce to put on top of my tortellini. I usually eat them with just parmesan sprinkled on top but this was delicious. It still had the parmesan and it gave me the protein that I usually don’t get with this meal. I’m so excited because this is my dinner tonight.