I Knew it! I Knew it. Celerey will kill us all.
Authorities have shut down a Texas food processing plant, saying it was contaminated by bacteria linked to the deaths of four people, state health officials said.
Four people died after contracting listeriosis after consuming celery that had been processed at the Sangar plant.
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium found in the soil, in water, and in animals that carry it without showing signs they are sick, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It can get into vegetables from soil or manure that is used as fertilizer. The strain of bacteria is relatively resilient — with an incubation period of three to 70 days, Williams said — and some foods can be contaminated after cooking but prior to packaging
I’m sorry for those people and their family. But it goes to show all of us, don’t eat celery. I was on the right track with my picky eating.